If you frequently utilise status indicators for reporting, you might want to create custom indicators in addition to the standard traffic light status indicators provided by Amplify. You can use custom Traffic Light fields to configure colour-coded status indicators. You can use these fields to display project status, workflow status, or anything similar. A common use case is to utilise a custom Traffic Light field for replacing Amplify's standard status indicator fields.
Any classification can utilise Traffic Light custom fields. The below screenshot shows a custom Traffic Light field used to show a status indicator on the benefit profile.
You can configure global traffic light fields from the Administration section or fields available only locally to your program and its items from the Program Properties tab if you are utilising Amplify's Program Model.
This article covers the following topics.
Configure Traffic Light Custom Fields for Your Program
To configure a traffic light field for your program or program items:
- Select the Properties tab and click New Field on the left-hand side section.
The Create New Custom Field form displays on the right-hand side panel.
- Use the Control selection list to select the custom field type as Traffic Light.
- Use Add Option or Bulk Add buttons to define selectable options for your traffic light.
To define one option at a time, click on the Add Option button.This will display a text field and a colour selection field.
- Enter the label and select a colour by clicking on the colour block at the end of the field.
- Click Add Option and repeat the above steps to add another option.
To bulk add multiple options from a spreadsheet, click on the Bulk Add button.This will display a text field.
- Copy the range of cells in the spreadsheet that contains the values.
- Paste them into the text field.
Amplify will store them separately as labels and colours.
- In the Name field, enter any text describing the field.
- In the Label field, type in a name that end-users will see.
- Fill out the subsequent fields based on your organisation's requirements.
- The value you enter in the Dataset identifier field will be used as a unique identifier used to identify the database field.
- The Help Text field should contain instructions that will be displayed to the end-user.
- Selecting the Enable Filtering graphs based on this custom field checkbox's values will display the field under every dashboard's filtering options.
- If you want to allow end-users to input text in markdown format in Textarea type fields, set the Enable Markdown for the Free Text Area setting.
- Click on the Create New Field button when done.
The custom field will appear on the left-hand side section and available for the program/project items.
Configure Global Custom Fields
To create a global traffic light field:
- From the upper-right corner, click on your user name or avatar and then select Administration from the list of options.
- Select the Custom Fields tab.
- Click on the New Custom Field button.
- Add all required information in the form that displays.
- In the Control drop-down field, select Traffic Light.
- Specify a name, label and dataset identifier.
- Click Save.
- Map the field to any classification.
- Click Edit this Field to configure options. You can specify a name and colour for every option. Option with the lowest ranking would be of the highest priority.
Click Add option to add one option at a time.
The Bulk Add button allows you to add multiple options in bulk.
Click Save.Your new Traffic Light field will display as a selectable field to end-users.
Please sign in to leave a comment.