Workflows can be configured so that reminder emails notifications are sent to approvers after a set amount of time. This can be configured per workflow so each stage gate process can have a combination of reminder settings.
To configure workflow notifications:
- Make sure 'Approver' notifications are enabled under Administration -> Notifications
- Navigate to the workflow you want to include reminders for.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the option.
- Enter the amount of days you want to allow before a notification is sent. The timer for the notification begins once a relevant stage has requested approval. Only approvers who have not responded to the request will receive the notification.
- Save your changes to the workflow.
To turn off reminders for the workflow, simply leave the field blank (not '0').
Relevant users will receive an email notification directing them to the workflow that requires their approval.