Shared Teams are a great way to create a group of members that can be collectively added or removed from a project. A shared team can be mapped to multiple projects and its members can take part in the activities of multiple projects. Any changes made to the shared team will be instantly applied to all initiative teams where it is utilised.
A shared team classification can be set up like any other initiative classification with unique dashboards, reports, and other settings.
Once you have configured the classification, you can create shared teams.
To create a Shared Team:
- From the upper-right corner, click on your user name or avatar and then select Administration from the list of options.
- Select the Teams&Roles tab and scroll down to view the Shared Teams section.
- Click on Create a new Team.
- Enter a Name and Description.
- Choose Shared Team as the Classification.
- Click on Save.
Next step is to add members to the team by clicking on the + icon.
If the toggle switch is off, this Shared team will be a global shared team, meaning it can be used throughout Amplify. You may choose to turn the toggle on to make this Shared Team a local team, meaning it only belongs to a single Initiative.
Shared teams are searchable using the search field and are represented by a dashboard just like a project.