To access the Status Report configuration:
- Navigate to the Administration
- Select Classifications from the Admin menu
- Choose an Initiative Classification
- Navigate to the Status Report tab
There are two options available under the 'Status Report' tab of the Initiative Classification:
- Request Reports
- Submit Reports
This option will allow the initiative to request, receive and manage status. It will be commonly enabled for the Program level of the hierarchy. Enabling this toggle will:
- Allow the 'Manage Status Update' navigation item to display on the initiative menu
- Allow any initiatives that hold this classification to request reports from lower level initiatives that have the 'Submit reports toggle' enabled under their classification
- Allow a Status Report Approval workflow to be attached (see How to Create A Status Reporting Approval Workflow).
This option will allow the initiative to submit status reports to parent initiatives. It will commonly be enabled for the Project level of the hierarchy. Enabling this toggle will:
- Allow the 'Status Update' navigation item to display on the initiative menu
- Allow any initiatives that hold this classification to submit reports to requesting initiatives
- Allow a status report template to be created
Both the 'Request Reports' toggle and the 'Submit Reports' toggle may be enabled at the same time under an Initiative Classification. This will enable any initiatives which hold this classification to request reports from lower levels and also submit reports to levels above them in the hierarchy.
Creating a Status Report template
To build a status report, you can add widgets to the template using the Field dropdown.
To learn more about how to interact with template widgets, see our knowledge base article for Project Brief Template Configuration.
The list of fields available to select from when building a status report template are:
- Featured RAID
- Featured Tasks
- Issue Status
- Schedule Status
- Financial Status
- Risk Status
- Overall Status
- Project ID
- Project Name
- Project Owner
- Start Date
- End Date
- Any Custom Fields
Featured RAID & Featured Tasks widgets
Columns can be added to these widgets to make sure important information is captured for each of the items selected by the Project Manager in their report.
Filters can be applied to these widgets to define what inputs are available when completing a status report. For example, you could create a Tasks widget that allows the Project Manager to only select the upcoming milestones.