|Renamed from "Financial Dashboard" in release 23.3
- Benefit Return or Cost mode. (Cost mode features the ability to filter by Cost Category)
- Cumulative or Non Cumulative graphical view
- Filter by Series, Stage-Gate process, or Custom Fields.
For example, to see all costs at the current initiative level:
- Click on the Filters button.
This will reveal a set of filter options.
- Select the Costs option.
The chart will now show the costs entered directly under the initiatives as well as its sub initiatives. Feel free to explore how dashboard filters can enable you to view different data by changing the filter options.
After filtering the desired data, you can save the filtered view so that the next time you want to access the same set of data, you will just need to access the saved view.
When viewing a non-financial benefit tab, the filter options are fewer but still function the same way:
To save a view:
- Once you have set the required filter options, click on the Save button.
The Save View as dialogue box displays.
- Add a name for the view in the Name field.
- Click on the Save button.
The dashboard will now show a view selection field on the top-left. You can select your custom view from that list if you wish to access it. If you want your custom view to be your default view, click on the pin icon to the right.
The Delete view option within the Save drop-down field will allow you to delete your custom view.
- When a Reporting Year is set for the classification, benefit totals when viewed non-cumulatively will show the totals for just the selected reporting year. Note that these totals are still affected by the filters.
Reporting years work hierarchically, i.e if a reporting year set at one classification will be used throughout the initiatives' sub-hierarchies.
- The Return on Investment (ROI) column is calculated based on the filtered Benefit Plan and Cost Budget values. This is to ensure that the ROI is dynamically updated with the current selection. If a Reporting Year is set for the classification, ROI will be calculated based on the filtered Benefit Plan for the reporting year and the filtered Cost Budget for all years in the range.
The Value Dasboard also allows you to change the way the graph is displayed between bar graph and line graph. The graph display can be changed for each series individually allowing for blended graphs.
- Click on the cog button to the right of the filters button to access the graph display type options.
- Use the radio buttons to switch each series' display type to the desired value.