During the Stage Gate Approval process, it's now possible to force the user requesting approval to complete specific fields in the Project Brief. By enabling this feature on individual fields, the approval requester can not initiate their request until these conditions have been met.
To make these fields required, you must configure them on your Project Brief template:
- Navigate to the Administration options
- Click on the Classifications menu item
- Locate the Initiative Classification you want to make the changes to and click Edit
- Click on the Project Brief tab
- You will see a 'required' checkbox on the Project Brief template widgets that can be made to be required
- Click on the checkbox for each widget you want to be required
- Save the Project Brief template
- The widgets that can be made required are restricted to entry fields (system and custom).
- Custom fields that are marked as required under their individual custom field settings will automatically be required on Project Brief.
Viewing the Required Fields
To check if you have configured your required fields correctly:
- Navigate to the Project Brief for the Initiative Classification you have configured
- You will see an asterisk (*) next to the field labels that are required for approval
Alternatively, you can click on Request Stage Approval to see which fields have not been filled out. These fields will be highlighted with a red outline.
If you are trying to request an approval from another page, like the Performance Dashboard, you will be directed to visit the Project Brief page to complete the required fields.